The following is a summary of our rental requirement policy. The word “you” includes any and all individuals 18 years of age and older, who are applying to reside in one of our apartments available for rent. Our policy is to only rent to qualified tenants. We carefully screen prospective tenants for the following mandatory requirements:
- Strong financial supporting documentation, including but not limited to:
- a. Very strong credit score
- (740+ FICO scores from Experian, Equifax & TransUnion).
- b. Solid checking & savings account statements.
- c. Investments, I.R.A.’s, stocks, bonds, other investments, etc…
- (Basically anything that will further demonstrate your financial capability).
No criminal record
- i. For example: drug possession, drug dealing or drug manufacture, illegal drug distribution, possession or manufacture of a controlled substance, etc…
- ii. Violent crimes, criminal weapons possession, domestic violence, etc…
- iii. If you served in the military, you must not have had a Bad Conduct or Dishonorable Discharge.
- iv. Other felonies or misdemeanors not listed.
- v. Violations (parking & traffic ticket, for example, are OK).
b. Screening of persons who present a direct threat to the persons or property of others:
- i. For example: Having an order of protection or restraining order taken out against you.
- ii. Being a convicted, registered sex offender and/or child sexual predator.
- iii. Being a person who otherwise poses a threat to the safety, security or comfort of others around you. For example: a convicted rapist, burglar or a person on a terrorist watch list.
- a. Not having been evicted or removed from an apartment by a sheriff, a court, or similar authority.
- b. Not ever having been a party to, or otherwise involved in a landlord vs. tenant legal action.
- c. Having only positive reference letters from your previous landlords.
- a. Production of 2 prior years of tax returns (W2, 1099, etc…)
- b. Never having been dismissed from employment for good cause (ie. employee theft, etc…)
- a. You must be in possession of and produce a
- government issued picture identification.
- b. Dogs and most birds are generally NOT allowed, but exceptions might be made at the management’s sole discretion under certain circumstances. Some pets are allowed in the apartments, including hamsters & cats.
- c. Smokers are generally NOT allowed, but exceptions might be made at the management’s sole discretion under certain circumstances.
*Misrepresentations on the rental application are always legitimate grounds for rejection. Your application fee of $75 is credited towards your first month’s rent, if your application is accepted. Application fees for applicants whose applications are denied are not refundable.
As a pledge of our dedication to the Fair Housing Laws and our commitment to provide equal opportunity and equal service to all applicants and residents, Nivkor Developments understands and enforces a strict company Anti-Discrimination Policy. Our on-going commitment to providing fair and equal treatment to our current and future residents will ensure equal housing opportunities and the success of our operations.
Nivkor Developments is entrusted with the responsibility for serving all applicants and apartment residents in a fair and equitable manner pursuant to Federal, State, and Local Anti-Discrimination Laws (the “Fair Housing Laws”). We firmly believe in providing equal opportunity to all people regardless of their age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, handicap, familial status, marital status, sexual preference/orientation, source of income or any other factor deemed impermissible for consideration in accordance with applicable Local, State and Federal laws. We are committed to enforcing the Fair Housing Laws. Please, review our rental qualifications.
All Real Estate properties advertised herein are subject to Title VIII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Fair Housing Act). This law as amended, prohibits discrimination in the sale, rental, and financing of dwellings, and in any other housing-related transactions, based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status (including children under the age of 18 living with parents or legal custodians, pregnant women, and people securing custody of children under the age of 18), and handicap (disability).
WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY:
The sale and purchase of a home is one of the most significant events that an individual will experience in their lifetime. The Fair Housing Act and other federal and state laws were enacted to guarantee a right to a national housing market free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, and national origin.
In the Sale and Rental of Housing: No one may take any of the following actions based on Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Familial Status, or Handicap.
• Refuse to rent or sell housing.
• Refuse to negotiate for housing.
• Make housing unavailable.
• Deny a dwelling.
• Set different terms, conditions, or privileges for sale or rental of a dwelling.
• Provide different housing services or facilities.
• Falsely deny that housing is available for inspection, sale, or rental.
• For profit, persuade owners to sell or rent (blockbusting).
• Deny anyone access to or membership in a facility or service related to the sale or rental of housing.
What Are Protected Class Groups?
Protected class groups are groups of people protected from discrimination and harassment. The following protected class groups are legally protected by law:
- • Race
- • Ethnicity
- • Religion
- • Skin color
- • National origin
- • Age (40 and over)
- • Sexual orientation
- • Individuals with disabilities
- • Veteran status
- • Sex
- • Height and/or weight
- • Marital status
- • Familial status
- • Gender identity
- • Source of income
- • Genetic information